Calendar view regression (2.0 to 2.1, self hosted)

Hello,

In seatable 2.0 it was possible to use a column which value was calculated with a formula as the title of a calendar event. In 2.1 it does not work anymore (the title is not displayed if it is linked to a “formula type” column. Is this regression a planned limitation or a bug ?

Best regards,

Hi, welcome to the SeaTable Forum.

You are right - this is a bug, and we are working on it. Hopefully it’ll be solved in the next release, which will come out in a week or so.

:+1:

Thank you for your answer. We’ll wait for the next release!

By the way, I’ve got another small question regarding the calendar plugin. Is a copy paste feature planned ? This is really a must have feature for editing calendar events.

Would you specify a little bit? The more details we have, the better a feature request can be listed!

Yes I can, of course !

What would be great would be to have a contextual menu when you right click on an event. This would allow to either : duplicate the event in place (as if you were duplicating a row in the table that contains the events) or copy it in the clipboard. Then if you right click on the calendar anywhere, another contextual menu would allow to paste the event (possibly not in the same week as the original (copied) event.

Is that clear enough ?

Thank you, that’s very clear.

In the calendar, you can drag and drop an “event” which is actually a row from one date to another one. It would be of course even better if you can copy and paste them.

1 Like

Do you know the click&pull feature in the calendar menu?

ClickPullCalendarPlugin

In other words: You can already create new events in the calendar view. I would say this is even more elegant than the context menu option you propose.

This said: I realize that you cannot copy/duplicate events this way.

Yes I’m aware of click+pull and of the possibility of moving events once created. They are very convenient, the only missing feature is duplication / copy paste.

By the way there is another “bug” or missing feature in the calendar plugin (unless I missed something). Only the month view can be printed, the other views are not available / proposed when clicking the print icon. It’s a pity because (for me) the most frequently used views are the week view and the agenda.

The printing menu is in the same level as the view of the calendar, and we currently only have a month view. So this is rather a feature request than a bug. I will list this!

Why do you say there is only a month view for the calendar ? There is a year, month, week, day and agenda view in the plugin. Or maybe we are not talking about the same “view” ?

I meant for the printing: When you print, it’ll only print out a month view.

Ok, I got it :smiley: !
So this is definitely a “missing” feature.

Hi there! SeaTable 2.2 is now available and the regression ought to be fixed. Could I ask you to test and mark this topic as solved if it is?

Hello,
Thank you for this new version. Unfortunately the regression is not fixed. In fact it is partially fixed… It now works for calculated fields if the output is a number, but if the output is a text string it still does not show anything :-(.
Best regards,

Hi there, I am not sure I understand.

My tests have all been successful (as demonstrated in the screenshot below):

I used a calculated column for the title and a calculated end date.

Well this is really strange because on my side it works for some fields but not others.
In particular I have a summary (résumé) field (see below) and the calendar view does not want to show it in the title of the events (but it works with the week (semaine) field)…

See next post for the other screenshot.

Here is the screenshot when using the ‘summary’ calculated field…

That is bizarre.

I just tested again using your column name “résumé”. I was thinking “maby there is an issue with the non-asci characters”. But there isn’t. I had no problems.

If you want us to investigate further, could you send an invite link for this base to support@seatable.io?