Copy and Paste into Columns Linked to Other Records

Hi there,

I am looking for some hand to deal with two columns that are linked to other records.

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 11.28.42

I would like to copy a list of “Schools” from the “table Schools” and paste on the column Schools. Do this manually is taking me a lot of time to assign each affiliate.

Any help or direction is very appreciated.

Thank you!

You want to create links between records in two tables and you have matching “AssignCodes” in both tables?

In this case, linking is easy: Have a look at the data processing operation “auto add link”.

Hi RDB,

Unfortunately, “AssignCodes” is only for the table I share the image, a call this table “School_to_Affiliates”.

At the table Schools I have the codes “SCH-00000” I am using as a Link to other records getting them from the table Schools, I have another table called Affiliates, as well.

So, the idea were to copy the codes from the table Schools and paste into Schools columns (image).

The link you shared with me is interesting, I will consider it next time.

Anyway, if you any other suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks!

Sorry, I don’t understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Hi @mpaim ,
I’m afraid I’m not understanding what you’re trying to do neither but, as far as I understand, you can do a simple copy/paste if your School code is in the first column of your Schools’ table. See bellow : I just copy all the codes from my Schools’ table,and when passing them to the School column of the School_to_Affiliates table, it automatically creates the link to the right element of the Schools’ table.

copy-paste

Is this what you meant ?

Bests,
Benjamin

1 Like

Hi @bennhatton,

Yes, and it worked. When I tried many times using the school names it didn’t worked. :smiling_face:

Thanks a lot!

HI RDB,

No worries, it worked pasting the codes.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.