Crashes when editing long text


One of my uses for Seatable is as a note taking tool for meetings. I use Power Automate and the Seatable API to automatically populate Seatable with the date, time, meeting participants, etc. and for the most part it works super well.

Through the API, I put the body of the Outlook meeting invites into a long text column. I am able to see all the text, and usually the formatting also shows up pretty well. The problem is that I can not edit these long text fields. If I click on the text in the “Row Details” pop-up, or try to edit the text from the table view, Seatable immediately crashes.

I’m not sure how to go about troubleshooting, I’m assuming the problem has to do with some invisible characters or mark-up within the long text field. If I duplicate the row I get the same behaviour, and if I try to copy-paste the long text from a single problem cell to a cell in an empty row, the cell contents are not copied.

Any ideas how to proceed?



Hello Peter,

which version of SeaTable are you using? The Cloud or self-hosted?
And - could you paste your API cURL code here? Or at least the long text part? I will try to reproduce the problem.


Thanks Karlheinz. I’m using self-hosted version 2.2.6.

Here is what shows in Power Automate after a successful run, it’s a little abstractred away from curl but it should have what you need.

Also, the only text in the meeting body in the example below is “Here is the body text”, the rest is Outlook HTML formatting. Some of it is parsed by seatable but a lot of it just displays as text. Obviously it would be great if Outlook didn’t send so much garbage text, (and maybe there is a way I can parse it out in Power Automate) but there is still something in that “Raw Text” field that is crashing Seatable.




“row”: {
“Name”: “test meeting”,
“Date”: “2021-09-01T16:30:00.0000000”,
“Raw Text”: “\r\n\r\n<meta http-equiv=“Content-Type” content=“text/html; charset=utf-8”>\r\n<meta content=“text/html; charset=us-ascii”>\r\n<meta name=“ProgId” content=“Word.Document”>\r\n<meta name=“Generator” content=“Microsoft Word 15”>\r\n<meta name=“Originator” content=“Microsoft Word 15”>\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n<body lang=“EN-CA” link=”#0563C1" vlink="#954F72" style=“word-wrap:break-word”>\r\n<div class=“WordSection1”>\r\n<p class=“MsoNormal”>Here is the body text

\r\n<p class=“MsoNormal”> 

“Raw Attendees”: “;”,
“Organizer”: “
“table_name”: “Meetings”

Update: I found a function in Power Automate “HTML to Text”. If I run the body text through this function before passing to Seatable, Seatable doesn’t crash when I try to edit the text.

This is an ok solution, although hyperlinks in the meeting body obviously no longer work (and they did work before, even though I couldn’t edit the text I could follow all hyperlinks from within Seatable.)

Happy to continue troubleshooting.


This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.