Error 500 when to Upload Plugins [SELF HOSTED]

How do I debug error when upload plugins? It got error 500

I also want to try contribute to create custom plugins, just want to know first, how the plugins works

Welcome to the SeaTable Forum!
What kind of plugin were you trying to upload? Where did you get that plugin?
We have a manual for plugin development:

I had download it from https://market.seatable.io/plugins/

all these plugins are return error

Please check dtable_web.log to see if there are any related error logs.

2021-02-18 11:50:01,248 [ERROR] django.request:135 handle_uncaught_exception Internal Server Error: /api/v2.1/admin/dtable-sys$
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/exception.py”, line 41, in inner
response = get_response(request)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/base.py”, line 249, in _legacy_get_resp$
response = self._get_response(request)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/base.py”, line 187, in _get_response
response = self.process_exception_by_middleware(e, request)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/django/core/handlers/base.py”, line 185, in _get_response
response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/django/views/decorators/csrf.py”, line 58, in wrapped_view
return view_func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/django/views/generic/base.py”, line 68, in view
return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/rest_framework/views.py”, line 505, in dispatch
response = self.handle_exception(exc)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/rest_framework/views.py”, line 465, in handle_exception
self.raise_uncaught_exception(exc)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/rest_framework/views.py”, line 476, in raise_uncaught_except$
raise exc
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/thirdpart/rest_framework/views.py”, line 502, in dispatch
response = handler(request, *args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/dtable-web/seahub/api2/endpoints/admin/sys_plugins.py”, line 238, in post
plugin_path_id = seafile_api.get_dir_id_by_path(PLUGINS_REPO_ID, plugin_path)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/seafile/lib/python3.6/site-packages/seaserv/api.py”, line 230, in get_dir_id_by_p$
return seafserv_threaded_rpc.get_dir_id_by_path(repo_id, path)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/seafile/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pysearpc/client.py”, line 128, in newfunc
return fret(ret_str)
File “/opt/seatable/seatable-server-latest/seafile/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pysearpc/client.py”, line 26, in _fret_string
raise SearpcError(dicts[‘err_msg’])

I don’t know how to read this error log :smiley:

I couldn’t reproduce this error: I pulled the docker image today and could successfully upload and use all the plugins (except for the map plugin which I haven’t configured yet).

One dumb question: Did you happen to extract the .zip files?
And - which version are you using? To see the version, go to the base library and press F12 and you’ll see the version number in the consol.

Nope, I didn’t extract the zip file.

I’m using 1.6.0 Community Edition, I will try to redeploy again from latest docker image

Thanks, It’s already solved. Just need to delete the /opt/seatable folder and redeploy