Formula with date /Формула с датой

Hello everyone! There are 2 questions. //technical translate…

1. When there is an empty value in the source cell, the result of the formula adding + 3 months to the specified date becomes “#VALUE!”. Can it be made empty? Formula:
    dateAdd({Date}, 3, ‘M’)

2. The second formula adds 6 months to the date, if the specified column has the value “required”, it works, but I can’t change the time format to the desired one. The system writes “The current detected result type is a string”. Formula:
    if({Indicator}=‘YES’,dateAdd({Date}, 6, ‘M’),T(1))

---------------------------- in my language :wink: --------------------------
Всем привет. Есть 2 вопроса.

1. Когда в исходной ячейке стоит пустое значение, результат формулы прибавляющей + 3 месяца к указанной дате становится “#VALUE!”. Можно его сделать пустым? Формула:
    dateAdd({Date}, 3, ‘M’)

2. Вторая формула прибавляет к дате 6 месяцев, если в указанном столбце есть значение “требуется”, она работает, но я не могу изменить формат времени на нужный. Система пишет “Current detected result type is string”. Формула:
    if({Indicator}=‘YES’,dateAdd({Date}, 6, ‘M’),T(1))

For 1.) if({Date},dateadd({Date},3,“M”),"") The first argument checks if the cell in the date column contains a date. If there is a date, the dateadd function is called. If it is empty, the formula returns “”.

For 2.) The formula column knows four result types: string, date, number, and array. When you create a formula column, SeaTable analyses the content of the cells and then decides on the result type. Once assigned, the result type is static. It does not change even when you change the formula. If you want it to change, you must force a redetection of the result type. You can do this in the “format settings” menu:

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I will supplement it… On question 2, it was like this: the first (upper) values with the date were empty, when I put the date in the first cell, seattable allowed me to change the format. I have version 2.7, maybe in the new version it works as it should. Thanks!

Спасибо за вашу помощь! Дополню… По 2 вопросу было так: первые (верхние) значения с датой были пусты, когда я поставил дату в первую ячейку, seattable позволил поменять формат. У меня версия 2.7 возможно в новой версии это работает как надо. Спасибо!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.