Getting a specific field value with javascript

Help! After spending over an hour in Google and the Seatable Docs … I feel dumb! Even dumber!
How can I get a specific field value with javascript?

like … when you got:

const table = base.getActiveTable();
const row = base.context.currentRow;
let variablename = fieldvalue[ table, row, “DateColumnName” ]; ( <— this is art … not code )

Basically, what I want to do is (ON BUTTONCLICK) GET the Date from a record ONE ROW ABOVE … ADD 7 days to this Date and write the result in the “DateColumnName”-field of the active row.

Imagine: Every record has a date. The next record will have to have the date set to 7 days later. Like a Social-Media-Post planned every monday. Now, if the first “Publishing-Date” is delayed … the following posts will all have to be rescheduled. So I would adjust the new realistic date for the first post and will reschedule the following posts with button-clicks.

Or am I missing an available function to make this easier. Important … as there are multiple campaigns in ONE table. I cannot have a function run over the “whole table”. It must be for selected rows only.

THX for any hint, that might lead to the apprehension of a solution.

Try with

console.log(row["DateColumnName"])

Thx Daniel. Doesn’t work for me. Getting only “undefined” response.

const table = base.getActiveTable();
const row = base.context.currentRow;
let alertxt = console.log(row[“Name”]);
alert(alertxt);

You can first use console.log(row) to check the content of currentRow

hmm … sorry … how would I implement console.log(row) in the script above? My attempts failed? Thx for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.