How to make the following function work: IF({End Date}, "", "Not done", "Done")?

Hello!

As I could read in the docs, apparently It’s not possible yet, but I’m asking in case there is any workaround.

Just to make it clear, the expected result is to auto-complete the row with Done only if the other row is filled, in case It’s not (which means blank), is to make state Not Done.

Thank you for your help and attention!

I’m sorry for any inconvenience!

EDIT after the solution:

(This is for future reference in case someone needs to understand the purpose of my question.)

The intention was to avoid having a single select column that has to be selected all the time something is done, instead of it, at least for my usage, It seems more intuitive to have a formula to automatically understand If the task was done by simply having a column called “Ended” and every time it’s filled, it means it’s done, If it’s not filled, It’s ongoing.

Both @rdb and @Karlheinz offered a viable solution, thank you!

You find the formula reference here: Formula reference - SeaTable.io

According to the formula reference, the IF function only knows 3 parameters: Logical, value 1, value 2. You use four which cannot work.

Based on your explanation in the text, this is what I build:

There are certainly other ways to achieve the same result.

1 Like

Just write if({date}, "Done", "Not Done") . A value is automatically considered false if it’s empty.

1 Like

Thanks for your input, help, and such a quick response!

I read the docs before asking, but I was intrigued because similar applications (that use the same language) usually accept this kind of logic, even though it was clear (in the docs) that the way I was writing it wouldn’t work, so I ended up asking for help to develop a solution.

The solution worked!

1 Like

Thank you for your help and your input, I didn’t think in the way you taught me, thank you!

Is there any way so I can mark two replies as both solutions? (I don’t think so, but, it doesn’t cost to ask.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.