Is anyone using seatable with n8n ? API use?

Yes, I believe that current API + Web hooks node from n8n would be enough for the start.

It would be great if the developers of n8n would provide a specific node for SeaTable because that way, you could have better credential handling between SeaTable and n8n, among other things

I believe also that the developers of SeaTable should approach n8n developers directly and help with this integration. Things would go much faster. In the similar way they are doing this for Integromat integration

1 Like

Agree, that would be helpful to have some guideline, but at least, I’d be happy to start some trials with other users.
My first goal would be to be able to get a table list of rows, including the authentification with token or user/password.
Basing the work on : https://api.seatable.io/#09c6ca2a-5c0a-43a5-a77a-f2744c96b14f

Execute command will allow curl so that’s a starting point.

EDIT : /bin/sh: curl: not found

N8n does not look like a supported language for Postman yet, perhaps they are willing to contribute that to https://github.com/postmanlabs/postman-code-generators under the Apache License.

And if I read the licensing terms of N8n right, their clauses voids all use for SeaTable as a commercial entity so that before providing support we would require a license first to come out of muddy waters. Which looks a bit counter-intuitive to me, but by the letters of their license, it seems to be N8ns’ choice. Weird.

We are in contact with n8n. We’ll post news here in the forum.

2 Likes

upvoted SeaTable too, eagerly looking forward to any news

Thanks for your upvote for SeaTable! Actually, we are already working with n8n in the meantime. We’ll update you here with the great news soon.

zapier is krazy or i am
Gosh I am so not fond of Zapier, let me share my story:

I previously used Integromat+Airtable and I would barely burn even a HALF of my quota (on a 9 dollar plan!). With Zapier, the cheapest paid plan is $25/month and with a similar scenario it used 100% of the quota IN A DAY.

I know you can (and should) optimize these scenarios, but nevertheless. Zapier is somewhat of a monopoly and with its userbase being soo big it won’t ever care much. Hoping this is not going to last much longer though, while super talented and devoted teams like you guys keep on pushing! n8n support will be huge!

@dimitri and everyone else: some good news, also posted over at the n8n board, we’re looking forward to integrating SeaTable within n8n and it is looking great.

Make sure every vote gets count over there. If it gets 10 upvotes at least, we’ll give it more speed.

2 Likes

@dimitri: Just as an additional info, for Integromat + SeaTable we also have a forum thread and currently the ETA is roughly in one to two months.

1 Like

We’re warming up with fork gymnastics at the SeaTable org: GitHub - seatable/n8n: Free and open fair-code licensed node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks across different services. and GitHub - seatable/n8n-docs: n8n Documentation .

2 Likes

@Tom I’m reviewing the SeaTable Trigger (work for n8n) and wanted to add the possibility to download files to the initial PR. However, I’m having issues figuring out how to get the right file path. Can you check the question below? I really want to move forward with the integration. Thanks.

Any update on n8n
Are there any progress or partial implementation??

Isn’t the post right before yours from 7 days ago an update :wink:

Partially, any beta release without the url function could be of interest for example.
That said, I can join a debugging team if you need :slight_smile:

You’ve been like Ben ;-), eagerly waiting for news on the n8n integration? We’ve got some great news for you!

Two n8n nodes - a regular node and a trigger node - have just been released!

When it comes to automations, you now have three options to choose from:

• Zapier: US-based market leader
  • Integromat: Europe-based contender
  • n8n: European rising star offering a self-hosted alternative

Feel free to share with others here in the forum the automations that you’ve built with n8n (or Zapier/Integromat).

2 Likes

THAT is an update!!! :wink:

1 Like

I can’t wait for all people submit their work flows :wink:
https://n8n.io/workflows?node=n8n-nodes-base.seaTable

1 Like

The funny thing is: You asked for an update and when we answered first, we didn’t have an update. All we knew was that n8n was reviewing the code. Three hours later, bammm, we got the god news!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.