Links zwischen Tabellen funktionieren bei mir nicht

Hello all,
I am currently experimenting with seatable (free). It generally works quite well. But the links don’t work for me.

It seems to work in the example tables. But in my own tables (xlsx import) I can’t create a link from one table to another. I do it exactly as described in the video (part 1). But an error message always appears (see screenshot).

grafik

Do I have to activate this function somewhere?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the SeaTable Forum!

You don’t need to enable the link function. Linking records in different tables works right out of the box.

It’s difficult to help you without further information. Could you make a screencast and send it to support@seatable.io? We’ll have a look and get back to you. (You can write in German.)

Besten Dank für die schnelle Antwort!

Ich glaube, ich habe den Fehler gefunden. Bei meinen Experimenten habe ich die Link-Spalte immer durch Umwandlung erzeugt (“Spaltentyp anpassen”). Das scheint aber nicht zu funktionieren. Ich muss immer eine neue Spalte mit dem Typ “Verknüpfung zu anderen Einträgen” anlegen.

Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass das beabsichtigt ist, und würde es deshalb für einen Bug halten. Oder?

English:
Thank you very much for the quick answer!
I think I have found the mistake. In my experiments, I always created the link column by conversion (“Adjust column type”). But that doesn’t seem to work. I always have to create a new column with the type “Link to other entries”.
I can’t imagine that this is intentional, so I would think it is a bug. Or?

Pleased to hear that you found the cause of the observed problem.

In fact, this is a known bug and will be fixed in the next release (which will come out soon)!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.