N8n error 400 issue

Hello,
I’m using the DE of seatable and i have tried the n8n automation.
I’m still not working on the trigger, just the API.
it’s working well but I’m facing a wall.
I have to get all lines of a specific field then write them to another table.
it’s running smoothly up to line 1000.
then it crashes with an error 40 - too many operation.

“message”: “Request failed with status code 400”,

“name”: “Error”,

“stack”: “Error: Request failed with status code 400 at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15) at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12) at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11) at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22) at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1327:12) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)”

}

How to solve that and remove this limitation ??

Hello,

the 1000 rows per API call limitation is fixed and cannot be customized at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience!

System Limitations - SeaTable Admin Manual

ok, so it’s hardcoded in the API, even for selfhosted users ??
I’m stuck in this case…

Sorry, I made a mistake. I have already edited the original answer: The 1000 rows modification limit is per API call, not per minute.

So you can rebuilt your automation according to these principles:

1. With each “List rows” API call, you can get 50,000 rows.
  2. With each “Modify rows” API call, you can modify 1000 rows.

That means if you would like to modify more than 1000 rows at a time, you need to break them into multiple API calls.

ok, but that’s really bringing complexity over my simple API call…
I’ll need to add an additional step to split my call, not even sure it’s feasible.

Even if it’s a long one, it works well.
I wish i could have the possibility to set this limit by myself

would it be possible to modify the n8n seatable brick by adding a setting to split calls by 1000 ??

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.