All of the pictures that I had embedded into my long text fields have gone missing, and been replaced with broken-link icons, as shown:
As far as I can tell, this happened when I moved my Seatable instance to a new server, I’m on the latest version of the self-hosted version. I followed the backup and recovery process as outlined in the admin manual.
Any ideas how this happened or tips on how to restore these images?
You moved SeaTable to a new server. Did you change the access URL? Any other configuration changes?
Use the browser console to learn more about the links and the error.
Yes, I did change the domain. Your intuition is correct, when I look in the browser console the URL for the image is using the old domain.
I updated all the URLs in the config files in /opt/seatable/seatable-data/seatable/conf and in docker-compose to the new domain, and most functionality is working fine, but obviously that wasn’t enough. Is there a way to change these URLs to the new domain, or is changing domains not supported in a backup/restore situation?
The docker-compose file is irrelevant.
The conf files are essential. Are you sure you changed all paths?
Purging memchache is also a thing you can try.
Yes, I double checked all the files in /opt/seatable/seatable-data/seatable/conf and the old domain is not in any of the files.
After some googling, I wasn’t able to find instructions on how to purge memcache, can you please elaborate on what that means? I did try removing the files in /opt/seatable/seatable-data/seatable/conf/pycache but this had no effect.
Hey @rdb , can you provide any insight to the application inner workings here? Is it possible that the URLs are hard-coded in the database somewhere and that changing the URL isn’t supported in the self-hosted version?
I stand corrected. Changing the domain name causes problems that are not easy to fix.
This is from the Chinese Forum: 迁移服务器后附件图片无法打开 - 产品反馈 - SeaTable 论坛 Open it with Chrome and have Chrome translate it to English.
Thanks, that was very helpful. I’m not ready to go messing around in the database, for now I can still pull up the pictures if I look up the old URL in the browser console and manually change the URL. It’s a pain, but it works.
Hopefully this can make it on the list for a future fix, for the most part it looks like Seatable was designed to make it very easy to do this.
We’ll work on it! Changing the server URL is not an exotic measure.
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.