Set Column permissions from API

Hi,

I’d like to set the column permissions
grafik
from the API but cannot find anything the like in the docs.

Am I missing something? Does anyone know a way to accomplish this?

Cheers
Alex

Hey Alex,
unfortunately, this function is not yet available via API. The current settings of a column are accessible via API, but you cannot change the values.

This is how a column looks like via API:

{
  "key": "cSDV",
  "type": "number",
  "name": "New Oranges",
  "editable": true,
  "width": 400,
  "resizable": true,
  "draggable": true,
  "data": null,
  "permission_type": "",
  "permitted_users": []
}

There might be a small change that it is possible to update these values via “batch update a column” but I didn’t try this yet: SeaTable API Reference

Change the permissions of a column via web, check the correct values for permission_type and permitted_users and then try to set these values with the api-call “batch update rows”.

1 Like

Thanks, for the answer. Did I understand correctly that this will only be possible after a change on the batch update functionality? Or is it already worth a try?

I found some time to try the batch update. I can use it e.g. for setting the column name, but entries like 'permitted_users': ['7f6f...ec9b@auth.local'] or 'permission_type': 'specific_users' seem to be ignored; that means I still get response code 200, but the parameters are not set (as can be seen from either the Web-UI or the metadata endpoint). :frowning_face: