Ability to view concurrent user & fixing different column width for different views

Hello , it will be very useful if we are able to see concurrent users who are logging at the same time.

I am using DE 2.7 and some of the times, i am logging in concurrently with my colleague ( from different computer and different location ) . while he is adding new row, I am removing blank rows without knowing that these rows are added by him
So he is wondering why rows are disappearing, while i am wondering why rows are adding.

Is there any way to view concurrent users while we log in to the same base?’

secondly, i think as we adjust the column width according to my computer screen on a certain view, it affects all views.

Meaning that , when i adjust column width according to my laptop screen size, it will not fit in my colleague laptop screen. So when he adjust it according to his screen, the column size on my view are adjusted as well , which does not suite my screen.

Therefore, it will be great if we are able to save the column width according to view.

1 Like

Agree on both ideas !
At least to know that another user is working on the same base would be a great starting point

And indeed, column width but also fixed columns should be separated by view.

1 Like

The feature will be available in version 2.8.

It is a design choice. We think keeping all columns with the same width and order can simplify things and avoid confusing for new users.

PS: Sorry I have damaged the original post by accident editing. Seems Discourse (the software powering the forum) has no way to revert to a history version.

1 Like

I reverted to Htoolin’s original post.

A general comment: Please don’t put multiple requests in one topic. It’s difficult to keep track of them.

The feature will be available in version 2.8.

thank you … it will be very helpful

It is a design choice. We think keeping all columns with the same width and order can simplify things and avoid confusing for new users.

noted. but currently it is creating confusion as well.

I am using a view for most of my work and my colleague is using another view for his work. So it happens that when i adjust the column width to my screen, it look good and readable. But the next day when i log in, the column width are adjusted and i need to keep adjusting it everyday, whenever i log in. i guess my colleague has to keep adjusting column width when he log in to the view he use as well.

1 Like

I suggest you adjust the width that suitable for both you and your colleague and lock the header.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.