After restore from snapshot - no BIG DATA

Hi, I restored base on self hosted system from a snapshot, everything ok, just BIG DATA not visible/available.
What can I do?

Hey @ivan07,

SeaTable v4.4

currently, snapshots and big data are independent. If you restore a snapshot, big data is not included.

SeaTable v5.0

This behaviour will change with v5.0, that will be published on Monday (so to say in 3 days).

With 5.0, you can select a version of your big data, to restore:

Important: the moment you generate a snapshot is not necessarily the moment a big data version is saved.

For the future, please always tell us which version do you use and if you are running Developer or Enterprise Edition.

Thank you for this info - is there a way to save also automatically (daily) a version also for big data?
Or to ask in a different way:
To be on safe side, the system generates snapshot every day. Is an option to include also big data on the same way → and if yes, what would be a procedure to restore both on the same time?

Version: Enterprise Edition, 4.4.9

As I said, snapshots and big data backups are currently different things. You can configure how often and at what time big data is saved in the configuration file dtable-db.conf. Here is the link: dtable-db.conf - SeaTable Admin Manual. By default, big data is also saved once a day.

I can not promise anything! But I don’t tell you a secret, if I tell you, that I would also prefer to make it possible to connect the creation of a snapshot with the backup of big data. Besides all technical challenges, this makes more sense for me. Probably this will be implemented in the future.

Watch out for new versions. If there are changes to this topic, you will definitely find this in the release notes.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.