Calculations with calculated fields

Hi together,

I am using Airtable right now but for some reasons I would like to change to Seatable. I tried to rebuild some of my bases but I am struggling with one point.

Tables:
Items
Tasks
Projects

Items belong to tasks that belong to projects.
I sum up a value from all items in tasks. That works great. So next to each Task is the sum of the duration from all items (that belong to this task) I want to do the same in projects because 1 project has many tasks. I sum up all the durations that I calculated before in task that belongs to a project. The number is always 0. For me it seems like we can not do calculations on values that are calculated before. Is that right and if yes, is there a workaround?

And maybe two little questions in regards to licensing:
The 2000 free lines for free accounts is for each base or the sum?
Can a free and a plus account work together when the table has more than 2000 lines?

BR from Hamburg
Emch2

Welcome to SeaTable! I am pleased to hear about your intention to migrate to SeaTable.

I’ll try my best to show you that SeaTable is the better alternative to Airtable!

I tried to reproduce your structure in a base. Is this what you try to accomplish:

Sure, my demo base is most limited in terms of columns and content. Your tables will be much more populated. But for a proof of concept, this minimal demo is sufficient. And: as you can see, what you try to do is definitely possible.

How did I do it? I used a rollup formula in the Tasks and Projects table. The screenshot below shows the specification of the link formula column in the Projects table.

As for your questions on SeaTable Cloud:

• The free subscription includes 2.000 rows total. (But you have a nice surprise for all Free subscribers that we’ll announce shortly.)
  • Plus subscribers can share bases with Free users. No problem. Use an invite link for that. Important: Within one team, all members have the same subscription status, that is either Free, Plus oder Enterprise.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

thanks for your great answer. I looked up my tables but it still did not work. I played a bit around and it seems to be a problem that the first duration is also a calculation by two dates and pause time dateDif({From},{To})-{Break}. If I write the duration directly it works but when adding a new table „customer“ and a project can have a Customer, it again does not work in customer. So you can only calculate on calculations two times in a row I think. Am I Right with this?

I can live with that so far. Maybe I write a script that is doing the calculations, Is it possible to trigger a script after updating a row?

Nevertheless this kind of software seems for me really like a game changer in some areas. I was thinking about having a look at the api the next days if it could be a use case for building a whole backend for a online shop or mobile app with it. Maybe the Authentication is the problem for this but maybe in the future…
The advance is that you directly have a backend tthat is easy to use and do not have to build table views and forms for data entry your self.

BR

It feels like that you can calculate based on a ca

This is a known limitation in version 2.2. A good news is that it will be removed in version 2.3.

Great :slight_smile: Seems like release does not take to much time.

In general. Thanks for your help @all.

Glad to hear from you. I’m marking the answer of Daniel as the solution.

One more good news: We will soon release a script to help users migrating from Airtable to SeaTable easily.

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile: So I will wait a little bit.

I just added a new Base to calculate travel expenses. Works pretty good :slight_smile: I am really impressed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.