Cookie banner for web forms

Web forms don’t seem to have a cookie banner on the user end. Is there a reason for this?

You have to give more details about this topic! Do you expect a cookie banner to show to the users? :man_shrugging: That is not necessary.

SeaTable only uses cookies that are technically necessary, as stated in the privacy-statement: Privacy Policy - SeaTable. That’s why we don’t have a cookie banner on our website nor on cloud.seatable.io.

2 Likes

I see. My understanding was that the cookie banner was required even if all that are set are necessary cookies, to inform them of what happens to the data. Even informing them that only technically necessary cookies are set is still something visitors need to know. Whether required or not, these forms are given to users who may not be aware of the fact that the form is SeaTable (yes, I am aware that the link says sSeaTable, but who really pays attention to that). When we log in to SeaTable, we know what we are doing and where we are. Perhaps think about it as an option for future developments. Case in point: what drove us to you was the search for a GDPR-compliant solution.

From https://gdpr.eu/cookies/ :

Strictly necessary cookies — These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Cookies that allow web shops to hold your items in your cart while you are shopping online are an example of strictly necessary cookies. These cookies will generally be first-party session cookies. While it is not required to obtain consent for these cookies, what they do and why they are necessary should be explained to the user.

For our cookie policy, please see here: Datenschutz - SeaTable

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.