Disappearing Whiteboard Content

Your Setup:

• SeaTable Cloud
  • Which plugin? Whiteboard

Describe the Problem/Error/Question:

Please describe your issue as precise as possible. If helpful, you can also provide:
I’m having problems with the Whiteboard Plugin.
I’ve had 2 whiteboards already where the content of the Boards disappeared after switching in and out of the browser tab.
One of those happened while I was pitching Seatable to one of our executives to use in the future.
Is there any way to:
a. Recover the disappeared dashboards?
b. Prevent this from happening in the future?

Error Messages:

Nothing

This also happens randomly:
ezgif-4-715e1992bc

Dear @TobiasSDB,

I am sorry to read about your problems with the whiteboard. The plugin does not offer a history at the moment. Therefore, I assume that your drawings are lost.

Unfortunately, there is an easy explanation of the current behaviour (and was already mentioned as limitation in the release notes:

The plugin does not support collaboration. In your case, I assume that the plugin is either

• opened in two browser tabs or
  • two users use the whiteboard plugin at the same time.

In this case, both sessions are updating the value of the whiteboard constantly and you are locked in a race condition where both sessions are constantly sending updates.

We are already working on improving the plugin and will deliver an update soon.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast reply.
That explains alot. So we should only use the whiteboard, one person at a time? Or will another user opening the whiteboard override it?

Do you have a rough estimate when the collaboration will be available for Seatable?

Just wanted to give a follow up.
I’ve had even more problems with the whiteboard feature even when only using it by myself and in only one browser tab.
The tab switching bug seen in the screenshot is happening alot and boards just randomly dropping content (even if saved to a local file) is also there.
I’ll wait until its updated before I come back to the feature. Currently, it’s unusable unfortunately.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.