Email opener link not working (iframe, chrome, security/permissions)

Hi all,

I embeded a Seatable table in iframe in some application. The email link (the little envelope) is working with mozilla firefox, sometimes with Chrome; sometimes not ("Ce contenu est bloqué. Pour résoudre le problème, contactez le propriétaire du site.)

If somebody can help or at least tell us what is the exact command behind the envelop.

Many thanks in advance.

Manu

I don’t understand what you mean. Can you clarify?

Hi,

Let’s try. I have a web builder application where I can put som Iframe content. I have put a Seatable content containing email adresses (and some other data).
As you know, you’ve got a little enveloppe you can click to mailto the email adress.
This functionnality is working fine under mozilla firefox, but not (maybe for some user) when using chrome as a web broser (“Ce contenu est bloqué. Pour résoudre le problème, contactez le propriétaire du site.”).
Cookies are free.

Hi Manu,

I found that some newer versions of Chrome disable some script execution in Iframes. Your application nests SeaTables into custom pages (as a little envelope).

I guess that when clicking on the email link in Seatable, Chrome judges that it is an operation in an Iframe, so it is blocked by default, and the interface displays (“Ce contenu est bloqué. Pour résoudre le problème, contactez le propriétaire du site.”).

When this error message appears, you can tell users to try other browsers, or change the settings of the browser, then you can use it normally.

I am quite sure this will lead to the same result as in this topic:

For security reasons, we don’t allow iframe usage except for the following three pages:

• /dtable/view-external-links/
  • /dtable/external-links/
  • /dtable/external-apps/

If you really want to integrate SeaTable with other applications, then don’t use iframes. Use Zapier, the api or any of the other features SeaTable provide.

Best regards
Christoph

Hi cdb. Thanks fr your reply.

We used a link like “https://cloud.seatable.io/dtable/external-links/…” so if I understand well, it has nothingto do with the restriction applied on iframe and mentionned above.

Hey digitalsace,

if I understand you correctly, you embed a SeaTable page via iframe into another application and then the small envelope-button of the email-column does not work in some browsers and in others it works?

To be honest, I don’t think this is the right forum for this problem. Iframes are, in general, not great. If it works in some browsers and in others not, I would recommend checking the browser settings.

Best regards
Christoph

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.