Grouped view using javascript Script

Hi everyone,
I managed to create views using the javascript Scripts, and to programmatically add filters and hidden columns, but I’m stuck on creating a group : I figured out the syntax of the “groupbys” key, but the “group” key seems really tricky because grouped rows are hardcoded… Is there a simple way, e.g. an existing javascript function, to create a group in a view ?
Thanks a lot,
Bests,

Benjamin

There is no such a way yet. Can you describe more about your use cases? (Why you need such a feature)

Hi @daniel.pan
I have a table filled by several contributors (around 30 people) through a form. For each activity they carry out, they fill a form with few data, like the category of the activity, and how many time they spent on it.
For each contributor, I want to create a view grouped by categories of activity, but as there are several contributors (sometimes changing), I don’t want to create all the views manually.

Anyway, I found a workaround : I created a single “reference” view (refView), grouped by categories of activity, using the interface of Seatable (no script yet). Then, each time I create a contributor view (contribView) using a javascript Script, I simply write
contribView.groupbys = refView.groupbys;
contribView.groups = refView.groups;

Applying filters using
contribView.filters.push({"column_key":base.getColumnByName(myTableName, myColumnName).key,"filter_predicate":"contains","filter_term_modifier":"exact_date","filter_term":myFilteringTerm})
or hidden column using
contribView.hidden_columns.push(base.getColumnByName(myTableName, myColumnName).key);
is less tricky than grouping, but it could still be really useful, for all these actions, to get proper functions.

Bests,
Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,
thanks for sharing this!
Given that you found a solution, can we mark this as solved?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.