How to add "Linked Entrys" in mobile Phone Browser

When I want to select a linked field in my PC-Browser (Firefox and Chrome) everything is fine. I can see exactly the record(s). See screenshot below.

But if I do exactly the same on my mobile Phone with Chrome there are no records available. It is exactly the same record.

This is very souspicious because the views should be created on server side. Or is JavaScript used to do this on client side?

Hey TOMO,
the interface for mobile devices is a little different to desktop clients. You have a big “Add link” at the bottom of your screen. Scroll down and you will find it.

So this is no bug and I will change the title of your post.
Best regards
Christoph

Hi Christoph,

this is confusing. It looked very similar on both devices. But on my Laptop I create a complete new record in the referenced table, on my phone I just select a already existing link. So the naming “select” or “auswählen” in German would be more precise and give the user the hint that he can select from something already existing.

Additionally, when I use a browser on my PC/Laptop I see a list with records I can select for linking. In my case these are records from a special customized view. This means on my PC I see only one record. On my mobile device I first see an empty list and when I click on “add link” I see all records from the table. Not only the records from the filtered view.

grafik

Hey TOMO,
I cannot follow your explanation. On the left screenshot, your already added a “M” to the Searchbox and this might be the reason you see only one entry.
Please describe your issue in more detail or even better create an example base which you can share to me that I can follow your explanation step by step.
Best regards
Christoph

The “M” (or any other letter) is only necessary to show the “+ Zeile hinzufügen”. When the search field is empty this will not be shown. It is the same with an empty search field: only one record - what is correct. I have the wrong number of records in the browser of my phone: all (4) records of the table. Not only the filtered records by the view I created.

grafik

Hey TOMO,

now I understand your problem. Thanks for pointing out.
You created a linked column and limited the selection to a specific view. (see screenshot below).

This leads to different behaviour: (tested with 3.0.16)

• on the desktop only entries from this selected view are offered. This is the intended behaviour.
  • on mobile you can select from all entries. This is not intended.

We will fix this with one of the next versions of SeaTable.

Best regards
Christoph

1 Like

Perfect. :+1:

BTW: How can I check the actual Seatable version?

Add “/server-info” to the host name. In the case of SeaTable Cloud, enter https://cloud.seatable.io/server-info in your browser.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.