Make.com: short status update and why there is current no progress

Hey everybody,

this is a summary of the current status of the SeaTable make.com App. This App was developed a year ago by make.com. The current app is working ok, but there are some problems with it. Here just some of the issues that were reported in this forum:

I asked make.com to take over the responsibility of the SeaTable App and the App was transfered to my make account Beginning of September 2023. I tried to update the App and fixe some code, but I had problems to publish changes I have done.

I asked the support and also the make community for help (Problems with VS Code and Plugin Updates - Custom Apps - Make Community) but the community could not help. The support team suggested that I should create a new app, just by copy-and-paste the code.

I tried to do this two weeks ago, but there are two new problems:

• I can’t see the current SeaTable App anymore in my account. The support team confirmed, that they took away the app from my account, because they want to fix a bug with pagination. As long as this takes, I have no access to the source code… (I made the mistake not saving this)
  • IML functions (a fundamental part of the SeaTable App) are currently disabled.

To make it short: there is no progress at all on this topic because there are roadblocks, that I can’t solve. You can use the current version but you have to live with the problems. I will keep everybody updated.

Thanks Christoph.

Oh dear, make.com are not being very helpful. I am on the Facebook group and lots of people have serious issues even trying to contact make.

In my opinion, a functioning connection to the largest European iPaaS provider make.com is an absolute must for SeaTable.

Of course you can refer to other providers (Zapier, n8n) - but they have significant disadvantages (Zapier = USA, n8n = far too technical for NoCode developers).

Top dog Airtable shows how it should be with SeaTable. I have been working with this combination (make.com / Airtable) for a very long time and it works reliably, comprehensively and - since you don’t have to build any workarounds - very efficiently in terms of the make.com operations used.

In this respect, I would like to appeal to SeaTable to realize or have realized an Airtable-like connection to make.com with maximum effort if there is not enough capacity available internally.

After all, I consider make.com to be a multiplier for the use and distribution of SeaTable (just as it was and is for Airtable!). And I sincerely wish SeaTable this greater use and distribution!

Andreas

We’re excited to introduce the brand-new make.com SeaTable App: :tada: Rework of make.com SeaTable App. This updated version is designed to offer all the essential features you require. Feel free to share any feedback you have by posting in the linked topic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.