Page Design - resolution of background image when inserted as "file"

We need to create certificates of attendance for multiple training courses
Each certificate for each different course has a different background (effectively the entire certificate minus variables such as name, date, code, which come from seatable)
In order to avoid needing multiple templates and multiple buttons, one for each training course plus one button each, I am experimenting with loading the backgrounds from a “Background” column of the type image - The background then only needs to be uploaded into the “Background” column and is dynamically inserted into Page Design

Problem:
Whereas inserting a static image works fine, the resolution of an image drawn from the “Background” column is not good. As you can see below.

There also seems to be a limit on file sizes. When a large file is uploaded, it is displayed with a “?”

Examples

Is there any way to set the resolution of images uploaded to columns?
What different file types can be used as backgrounds?

Any ideas what can do? Dynamically inserting the backgrounds via a file column rather than having multiple templates with static image backgrounds would be a real space saver.

We will check the issue in this week.

1 Like

Is there any news on this issue?

We will update this thread when there are results.

We had the issue earmarked for SeaTable 3.4, but it was then deprioritized. This means it is not forgotten and we will come back to it. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Actually, we can’t reproduce the problem. Can you share a base on cloud.seatable.io that can reproduce the issue?

Hi Daniel

I just did another check. The problem is still there. How can I share a base with you?

Please send a sharing link with me via private message.

Email address I need to send the link to?

You can click on Daniel’s name in his previous post and send him a private message by clicking on “Message”.

I received the link. Can you try to use “image column” instead of “file column”? Using image column works fine. Using file column can reproduce the problem.

Insert the image column to page design:

Hi Daniel,

I feel such an idiot. I didn’t even see there is an image column.

Thanks for solving this issue.

Have a great weekend

Donal

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.