Questions regarding Big Data feature

Hey there,

I am a bit confused with the documentation about Big Date here and in general.

• Normal Bases have a limit of 100.000 rows.
  • If I enable Big data, they can be unlimited rows.
  • But adding new rows per api or table, adds them into the “normal view/base”
  • However I can also see them in the “big data view” (just without the grey square)

Questions:

• Do I have to manually transfer the “normal” data to big data otherwise I hit the 100.000 rows limit again at one point?
  • And in my “big data view” I will see normal (limited) & archived (unlimited) elements, right?
  • Is there a (hidden) API to create the big data views? could only find this for normal views: SeaTable API Reference
  • Is there a (hidden) API or automation to move the rows from “normal” to “archive/big data”

Best Dimitrios

Please find my answer below

• Do I have to manually transfer the “normal” data to big data otherwise I hit the 100.000 rows limit again at one point?

Yes, you have to manually transfer the data at this moment. In version 3.5, you can set a rule to automatically transfer the data every time at specific hour.

• And in my “big data view” I will see normal (limited) & archived (unlimited) elements, right?

Yes.

• Is there a (hidden) API to create the big data views? could only find this for normal views

The document for the API will be updated in version 3.4.

• Is there a (hidden) API or automation to move the rows from “normal” to “archive/big data”

There is such an API, but with the automation rule, you don’t need such an API.

thanks for the quick response.

• Is there a release date for 3.4. & 3.5.?
  • Is the current API publicly available, so I can write my own automation until the release?

best Dimitrios

3.4 will be released in February. 3.5 will be released in April.

Is the current API publicly available, so I can write my own automation until the release

The API will be available when 3.4 is released.

Alright thanks for the update!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.