Quick filter with multi-terms

Hello,
often I have to search for a set of rows with multiple conditions (maybe a client and a city).
I see the filter menu, but it is time consuming to set up.
On the other hand, the search menu is limited to a single term and it is more a Ctrl-F that just highlight the term and it doesn’t narrow the recordset.

What I’m missing is a multi quick search where every term is searched with an “and” logic.
A search for “Smith Lond” will filter all records that contain both substring “Smith” and “Lond”.
I would not bother with regex or fuzzy search.

~P

3 Likes

You can click “Search all tables”. It search “and” logic as you described.

Yes I see.
But what I think would be more useful (at least for my specific way of working) is the search just in the current table.
I imagine the behaviour of the filter (which narrows the recordset based on multiple conditions) and the immediate response of the “search”.

You have two options to achieve the thing you want to do:
a.) You use the search @daniel.pan pointed out
b.) You use two or more filters

The kind of search you have in mind, a search across multiple columns right in the table view, SeaTable currently does not support

We may add this in the future (including a switch to hide all rows which do not contain the search terms). But it’s not planned for the immediate future.

a) This doesn’t hide entries that don’t match (like the view filter does). It’s not that useful for large tables.
b) This permanently changes the view, is time consuming, and probably interferes with other users on the same table.

We really need a temporary version of the view filter.

At least the current search bar should be able to hide entries that don’t match.
A better version would be a search bar for every column, and display entries that match all column searches.

Have you seen SeaTable’s private views. It hides the rows that do not match filter criteria, it’s very useful for large tables, its requires just one click to switch to a private view and it does not interfere with other users. And you can apply individual sort orders, group-bys, and conditional formatting. In short: They are pretty cool.

This will be added in the future. But because private views exist, it’s not super high on the priority list - as I said in my previous post.

Announcement: We’ll remove the feature request list category from the forum in the future. You’ll be able to post and upvote feature requests on a separate platform.