🎉 Rework of make.com SeaTable App

That is strange. I tested, what you described and at first test, everything was working as expected. But then, after re-testing, I observed that a file just disappeared from the file column. It was triggered by the browser: at first, I could see the file, and then it just disappears. The file is still accessible via the “File Mgmt” of the base, but this is something we have to fix.

Currently, I don’t think this is a make.com specific problem because after some testing I also observed this behavior with file upload via the API and n8n. It does not happen often, but there is a problem.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the confusion. I left out of my description that I wanted to use the download link from the “Get the public URL from Asset Path” module further in make. For this I used the download file modue from the “HTTP Module”.

The Screenshot is from that download file module.

My issue was, that, if I use the download link with that download model, it returns the data, but the returned file name is not the same as in seatable but utf-8, which is confusing.

I can change the name and ending later in the scenario, but it makes troubleshooting somewhat more difficult.

i just did a test again of the search rows module and it is returning zero bundles, even though I know my settings are correct. When I first reported back, it was working fine. I have tried different tables, different search terms, same result: zero bundles

Please be aware that this module is a work in progress. Currently, Make.com is evaluating the new version, and it appears that they changed something. I will keep you updated but it seems that Make.com will update the current “live SeaTable App” faster than I expected.

1 Like

Well, whatever they did, they did something right, because the “search rows” option is working a dream!

There are good and bad news!

The good news are: Today, Make.com Developers released an update for the SeaTable Make.com App, introducing new functionalities.

The bad news: However, some changes they did to “update the existing app” instead of releasing a new version, have affected certain functionalities, such as Get Account, List Rows, and Upload a File, which are currently not working.

In brief: I supplied them with a functional new version, and they managed to break it. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’ll provide updates as they come in.

1 Like

Hi Christoph

thank you for working so hard on the new make.com app for SeaTable.

I have the following two concerns:

1. apparently the previous version of the SeaTable app at make.com has been moved to the “Deprecated” state and the new app is now standard… I hope that the old version will remain online for a long time, because I have 50 scenarios at make.com based on it.

2. regarding feedback on the new app version. One function that still needs to be implemented as an API call is a search for rows across multiple columns, something like this:

{
    "sql": "select '_id' from Teilnehmer 
    where Anrede='AAA' and Vorname='BBB' and Nachname='CCC' and Teilnehmerart='DDD' limit 1",
    "convert_keys": true
}

Looking over the neighbor’s fence: In the Airtable app, this is realized via a formula that is evaluated for all entries, e.g.

AND(OR({Status} = 'NEU', {Status} = 'IMPORTIERT'), NOT({Sachbearbeiter} = ''))

In this expression, the fields “{Status}” and “{Sachbearbeiter}” are the column names.

Without having any expectations, I would like to know whether there are any plans for a similar procedure? Otherwise, the API call remains an important function when implementing non-trivial logic.

Greetings, Andreas

Hi Christoph

Two critical errors:

1. “Create a Row” does not work
The creation of a new row is not acknowledged with a “Row ID”, which can be used in the following. Instead, you get back metadata about the columns of the newly created row.

Previously:

Now:

2. “Link a Row” does not work
Not sure if it’s a problem with the input mask or if the problem is deeper. At least with “Link a Row” when mapping is deactivated, not all tables are displayed in the fields for table name, but - in my case - only the first of the base. It is therefore not possible to create links between tables.

Because of these two critical issues, and the fact that the new SeaTable app is now active by default, it is not possible to create new, working scenarios in make.com.

I hope I’m wrong or I can find a workaround. Otherwise this would be a showstopper for the commercial use of SeaTable for me.

Greetings, Andreas

Dear Andreas,

I entirely understand your frustration and agree that this is a super annoying situation. Believe me if I am telling you that I am also quite frustrated. I am interacting daily with the Make.com support trying to get this stable.

The current situation is like that: I have no access to the source code of the “public SeaTable App” because this App is located in eu1.make.com. My account and SeaTable Organisation is located in eu2.make.com. Therefore I can only test and give feedback to the support.

Second problem is, that I followed the recommendation of the make developers to make an update instead of a new version. I agreed and didn’t recognize that to make an update, not all of my code can be integrated. This leads to the situation that some modules still not work but it seems that we can not fix them because this would break some workflows.

To summarize:

SeaTable Rework App

• Currently I only have control over my “Rework”. This is the public link to that app: https://www.make.com/en/hq/app-invitation/9f540612d98414ee083db4b65733d93d. In this app everything should work. If something does not work, I fix it immediately.
  • I fixed in this app all issues from this forum discussion:
    • I added the possibility to add a name to a file during upload like @mrkhngr requested.
    • I added a new module to execute an SQL-like query, like you requested. You can test it.
    • I fixed all the minor issues.
  • BUT: this is not a public available App.

Produktion App

The problem with the missing row id should be easy to fix. I will write a message to the support right away. The “add a link module” is complicated. I am in constant exchange with the developers.

I keep you updated.

This issue is already resolved in the current published SeaTable App.

1 Like

So, to understand the current situation:
The old version is now the public-facing version and works, with the occasional bugs.
@apenzel says the old version is deprecated, meaning that at some point scenarios created with the previous version will stop working. Is this the case, or are my scenarios (which still work fine even though I see the new version is active) safe?

Let me try to make this more concrete:

• old workflows will work now and also in the future. Deprecated means that the modules were updated in the meantime and that you can not change the old workflows or create new workflows using the old versions of the modules.
  • But if you create a new workflow, you have to use the updated workflow module.
1 Like

After uploading pdf files. I was now trying to upload a png file into an image column and I found a tiny bug. The file gets uploaded, but the asset link that connects it to the base has an extra / before the file name. (see image as well)

https://cloud.seatable.io/workspace/<->/asset/06f81491-7331-4d32-af6f-3ca0e11d6473//file.png

SCR-20240130-jyyx

The image is then not shown in seatable and not usable in other scenarios, because the link is broken.

I’ve used both upload modules from both Seatable versions (legacy and rework) and the problem show up in both of them.

Can you make more screenshots? I can not reproduce the problem and for me it looks like this asset link is wrong. It has to look like this:

workspace/<workspace_id>/asset/<base_uuid>/images/2024-01/seafile-from-lan.png

I think in your url the part “image/YYYY-MM” or “files/YYYY-MM” is missing.

Thanks for your clear explanation!

Thank for your efforts with the make.com app, Christoph!

In both SeaTable and Seatable Rework apps there is an issue with adding time (ex: HH:mm) to a Date field, whether “Accurate to minute” is enabled or not.

The HH:mm is simply not added to the date/time:

Looking forward to future updates :slight_smile:

There are two formats supported by SeaTable API:

• 2021-07-01 13:59
  • 2021-03-10T16:19:31.761+00:00

I checked and these are working. These columns definitions are explained in more details here: SeaTable API - Models

Thanks for your quick reply!

I’m confused about this in the API:
“If “Accurate to minutes” is set, hh:mm will be ignored.”

That means:
If “Accurate to minutes” is set, then minutes and hours WILL BE SHOWN in the column but will be IGNORED in the API, effectively always setting HH:mm to 00:00 ?
and:
If “Accurate to minutes” is NOT set, then minutes and hours will NOT BE SHOWN in the column, but will be ACCEPTED by the API?

What am i missing? :sweat_smile:

I am sorry. The description is wrong. I just changed it to:

If Accurate to minutes is not set, then minutes and hours will be ignored.

You can see the behaviour in this screenshot.
I have two date columns in my Table5 and I send date and time to it.

• if Accurate to minutes is checked, the hours and minutes are saved to SeaTable.
  • if Accurate to minutes is not checked, the hours and minutes are just ignored.

If you have questions about the Make.com App, please open a new topic.