SeaTable 1.8 out now!

SeaTable 1.8, which we have deployed on SeaTable Cloud today, is a hit! It is filled to the brim with new features and improvements!

This are the highlights:

• Customizable row height : How do you want your rows to look? Normal height, double height or even bigger? It’s now up to you!
  • Column type Button : Use the button column to automate data creation and manipulation. We’ll consistently expand the actions that can be executed by the click of a button.
  • Data collection form : A tabular view of a table that only shows the rows that the current user has created, they are the tool of choice for bulk updates involving a large number of people
  • External links for views : External links for views allow much finer-grained data sharing with external partners than the existing external links for bases.
  • Sending mails : Save SMTP credentials in your bases - encrypted of course - and utilize them in your JS and Python scripts to send emails.
  • SAML support : SeaTable Server now supports SAML, the popular SSO protocol, which is supported by all the large identity management systems.

You wan to know more about SeaTable? Have a look at the Release Note for more information about these and more highlights of SeaTable 1.8. For a complete list of all major and minor changes in the new version, visit the Changelog.

In a few days, we’ll also update the docker image on Docker Hub. Check back soon!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

At least the external links for views and the row height have been long desired on this forum. Now they are really here.

I can only add my congratulations too, a great step :blush:

1 Like

good job for the team.
Is there somewhere a list of all requested features and there potential implantation ?

Unfortunately, there is no such list.
The development is very dynamic and such a list would be subject to change.

1 Like

I can’t wait to update my docker install !!

1 Like

Hi - I upgraded my docker, but I think the MySQL database wasn’t migrated correctly. Can you help, please? log is here https://github.com/seatable/seatable/issues/130

Did you run the migration script as described in the manual? In your GitHub post, you don’t mention that.

Thanks - I didn’t; I wasn’t at all aware of this. (Coming from services like wordpress and nextcloud, I assumed the DB is migrated automatically.) I’ve added this to my github issue and closed it.

Glad to hear that your problem was solved!

Same here, i had to do the database update manually, Might be interesting to have it automated on seafile.sh restart script