SeaTable 4.0 out now!

SeaTable 4.0 is now available! We have updated SeaTable Cloud this morning at 6 am CET. Selfhosters find the Docker image of the the major release in the well-known repository on Docker Hub.

Version 4.0 has many highlights. Here are the highlights of the highlights:

• New column type Digital Signature: Integrate digital signatures in your workflows for greater accountability
  • Built-in file manager: Manage your files more comfortably directly from within the base
  • Customer folders: Store files for recurring use (i.e., in scripts) directly in your base, independent from any rows
  • Easier, more powerful integration with Seafile: Integrate existing Seafile libraries with ease and use files seamlessly in your base
  • Improved universal app builder: Benefit from a lot of improvements in terms of usability and functionality; say hello to the new ‘query’ page type.

You find the complete Release Notes with more details in the SeaTable blog. All changes are available – as always – in the Changelog.

And there is one more change: Since SeaTable v1.0, the price for SeaTable Server Enterprise Edition licenses has not changed. Yet, the recent tectonic shifts in our cost basis require a response. This is why we will adjust the license price. For new customers, the new license prices will apply from August 1, 2023. Current SeaTable Server customers will still receive license renewals at the old prices until December 31, 2023. You find more info here. (The prices for SeaTable Cloud and SeaTable Dedicated do not change.)

3 Likes

Hi @rdb.

The upgrade to the latest version for my docker installation worked perfectly. Trying out all the new features.
Thank you very much and have a great day!

AkDk7

Thanks for this Release. I noticed that none of my seafile attachments can be opened using seatable. It was working before the update. Did I miss something?

It’s working on my installation. Maybe you could provide some more information like, if you are using the SeaTable cloud? And if not and you are self-hosting, did you take a look into the log files?

Hosted Enterprise Version.

This is what I see in the logs

==> logs/dtable_web.log <==
2023-06-27 08:06:27,260 [WARNING] django.request:224 log_response Bad Request: /api/v2.1/seafile-connectors/repo-info/
2023-06-27 08:06:27,417 [WARNING] django.request:224 log_response Bad Request: /api/v2.1/seafile-connectors/repo-info/

And you upgraded from 3.5.10 to 4.0.7 and you run the database update script?

Yes, exactly.
This happens in all bases that have a seafile library connected. Also this is what my browser says: [Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: AxiosError: Request failed with status code 400

Here you can also find a Youtube video explaining the latest features. The video is only available in German.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this was written somewhere but the library token I setup before was lost. I had to re-add the seafile library.

Oh YEAH !, I’ve been waiting for this update for a while!
All that’s missing is the PWA for apps and it’ll be perfect. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the new feature “add a row” in cells of link columns. There is just a detail which make it unusable for now : when you press “tab” to edit next field, it closes the dialog…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.