🚀 SeaTable 4.3 out now!

Great news: SeaTable Cloud was updated to version 4.3 at 6 am CET. Additionally, the new version is also available on Docker Hub.

New Features

Version 4.3 brings plenty of improvements for the Universal App Builder, but not only. Here are some highlights out of the 100+ improvements.

• Custom URL function for form links: Improved usability and flexibility with form URLs.
  • Improved collaborator column: Add team members to the collaborator column, even if they base is not shared with them.
  • New custom page elements “Container” and “Card”: the custom page offers many new styling options and is now even more flexible.
  • Comment function: the familiar function from the base editor is now also available in the universal app.
  • New automation: Print PDF (enterprise only): Create PDF documents by time schedule.

You find the complete Release Notes with more details in the SeaTable blog. All changes are available in the Changelog.

Technical changes

Even if you don’t notice it immediately as a user, a lot has happened under the hood at SeaTable. The entire software stack has been updated, from the operating system and the Docker container to the latest program library.

Improved admin manual

And now an important announcement for all administrators of self-hosted systems. We have spent a lot of time and effort in the last few weeks revising the admin manual to make the installation and maintenance of a SeaTable system even easier.

At the same time, we offer simple instructions for the installation of additional components such as the automation platform n8n, the status page Uptime-Kuma and the online editors OnlyOffice and Collabora Online.

We are far from finished here, so there will be a lot more changes in the admin manual over the next few days. So stay tuned.

2 Likes

And as usual, there is also a video for the new release (only in German)

1 Like

In the App Builder the pictures of the items are gone:

1 Like

is it yet in the doc ?

The missing overview pictures in the App Builder will be fixed in version 4.4, which will be released soon.

1 Like

Yes, the new instructions how to install additional components are already published at https://admin.seatable.io. Probably you have to press CTRL+F5 to reload the page, ignoring the cache.

There will also be corresponding YouTube videos on the new installation method by the end of the week.

Chrome cache ! found that here : How to start - SeaTable Admin Manual

Thanks, & great job !

Wow, the new structure is quite a complete change.

Any migration process has been documented ?

Of course, there is documentation:

1. text: Switch Installation Method (v4.3) - SeaTable Admin Manual
  2. video: By the end of the week, there will be a YouTube video, too.
1 Like

Hello,

I would like to report an issue observed in the “App” section.

When creating a form, if a “Link” field is added without enabling the “link a record” feature, a malfunction occurs.

Indeed, after filling in this first field and using the “Tab” key to move to the next field, a “link a field” window unexpectedly appears, even though it is empty.

Hey @yblis,

in the Universal App you create a form with a column of type Link to other records, in the page setting you specify that only enable adding new records is possible, correct up to this point?

If you then use the form in preview mode, click add record and want to switch from one column to the next via tab, does a new window open?

Which SeaTable version are you using?

Hi @fsa

I use Seatable Enterprise Edition 4.3.8

in the Universal App you create a form with a column of type Link to other records, in the page setting you specify that only enable adding new records is possible, correct up to this point?

Yes, that’s exactly it.

If you then use the form in preview mode, click add record and want to switch from one column to the next via tab, does a new window open?

I just want to move from my “Société” field to my “NOM Prénom” field. The problem is that when I click on “tab,” it opens “Add Related Records.”

I’m sorry, I have a bit of difficulty writing in English, I’m French… ^^

everything is fine, I understand what it’s all about :wink:

Unfortunately I can’t reproduce the issue, which browser are you using?

I use Microsoft Edge.

I will try to clear the cache, as I have noticed other anomalies, this may correct these issues.

1 Like

It’s always the same thing even after clearing the cache.

I just made a GIF so that you can see how it happens.

2024-02-09_15-00-14

Okay, now I understand the issue and can reproduce it. You have two columns of the type Link to other records in your form.

If you now press Tab on the first Link to other records entry, the window for the second Link to other records opens directly.

1 Like

Yes, whereas before, when I pressed “tab”, the cursor would move to the next entry, from “Société” to “NOM Prénom”.

some comments on the migration in DE edition.
I’m currently back on my snapshot as I did not manage to upgrade.

I upgraded the manual to add some specific cases for developer edition. Can you tell me what does not work?

So it seems that the issue occurs in upgrading maria.
Adding a step to upgrade mariadb is mandatory.
One way seems to be to go from mariadb:10.5 to 10.7 then 11.0 , while having the auto_update tag in the docker-compose file.
not sure about the side effects though