Seatable API Limits on self hosted

I’m running a seatable in docker and need to import some old data. So far everything works great but I keep hitting some API limits. The documentation is very very spread out and sparse when it comes to the API limits, I also can’t see what Limit I am hitting.
So far I’ve got these values in dtable-db.conf

[general]
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 7777
log_dir = /opt/seatable/logs
row_update_limit = 6000
base_api_limit_per_day = -1
query_per_minute_limit = -1

Where can I find out what Limit I am hitting? I couldn’t find anything in the logs.
My requests are coming from n8n, I’m processing about 1300 records and am making a 1 Minute break after each 400 Records but still in n8n I get a 429 - "Too many requests, please try again later."
I could also remove the row_update_limit but it would be great to gave a list of all limits so I can disable them for this import and put them back to normal after it’s done.

Limit management in SeaTable often confuses people. I can totally understand. I can tell you three things:

1. limit management will be harmonized and improved with version 5.0 (available at 15.07)

2. I will try to improve documentation at https://admin.seatable.io and create a separate page only for the limits. Please give me some time.

3. regarding your problem: I would assume that you have to increase these values at dtable_server_config.json - SeaTable Admin Manual

• api_req_max: The maximum number of API calls to a base within 1 minute. The default value is 600.
    • api_base_day_max: The maximum number of API calls to a base within 1 day. The default value is 5000.

Thanks.
I managed to import the data without fiddling around with the limits any further. I imported in batches of 400 an waited for 1 Minute, changed that to 300 and either that or me changing row_update_limit to -1 solved it.

1. limit management will be harmonized and improved with version 5.0 (available at 15.07)

:tada: that’s awesome, thanks.

1. I will try to improve documentation at https://admin.seatable.io and create a separate page only for the limits. Please give me some time.

don’t worry, we are all somehow lacking time. If there is anything I can help with, happy to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.