Seatable "suspicous"

Hi,

since of today, we cant get access to our tables anymore.
I think the proxy at our side is categorizing the traffic/site as “suspicious”. I can access the tables through my personal computer / internet connection. Only accessing from the companies (high security) network I get this error.

Were there any changes in the infrastructure at your side?
I also will check at our side, but as it is a very large company that will tak some time.

I have seen this message one time before with another website. That website was accessed through Cloudflare. Are your services behind a service like Cloudflare?

I

Hi Peter,

sorry for the inconvenience!

There was a large scale infrastructure change: We moved from AWS to Exoscale. But this migration was completed end of May 2021. We reported about it.

There were no other changes related to infrastructure.

May it has something to do with a change in the name servers.

@cdb Do you know anything about it?

Hey Peter, hey Ralf,

I have only ideas why this happened. Most likely from my point is that the increased the security settings of our nginx-server running in front of cloud.seatable.io.
The DNS-Servers did not change, yet. We will switch them to exoscale within the next days.

Best regards
Christoph

Hey Peter,
can you tell me if the problem persists?
Otherwise I would close this issue.
Best regards
Christoph

Hi,

Thanks for your followup.
I just checked again and the problem persists. Not only when accessing my own tables, but just trying to access www.seatable.io results in the above error message.

Peter

Hey Peter,
can you please try to open https://letsencrypt.org/. Do you also get a “suspicious” error?
Best regards
Christoph

Hey Peter,
I have absolutely no idea what might cause this issue. Our certificate is completely legit and trustworth.
Here just a screenshot from ssllabs:

Do you have any more infos about your company network. Do you use any kind of proxy or application firewall that malformats the ssl certificates or has additional checks? I ask because you wrote that the problem only occurs from your company network, right?

Best regards
Christoph

Hey,

no, letsencrypt is displayed properly.

Peter

Hi Christof,

I don’t know the details of the infrastructure, other than they use Firewalls and Proxies and do some SSL interception on the BlueCoats.
It is a big company and I don’t have info about details or if there was any change in the infra a few days ago. As far as I can see I am experiencing this behavior only with the Seatable site.

A few months ago whe had simular problems accessing tables on a competitor which were hosted by them but we had our own domain name accessing it. Same error, only went away when we changed the DNS config to not use cloudflare as DNS servers. They used Cloudflare for their SSL connection.

I think I will create a ticket at the IT department and see if they can help me. (no high hopes).

Sites are working again!

The seatable websites were categorized as suspicious bij de Bluecoat proxy servers of the company network (dutch government). The IT department placed a request to assign them to another category and now they work fine!

FYI: The website to check URLs en propose changes is https://sitereview.bluecoat.com (info from the IT department)

Thanks for your help and glad it’s working again!

Peter

1 Like

Great! Glad it works again!