Sending email automatically

Hello SeaTable Team,

I would like to test the new feature “Sending email with automation rule” for SeaTable EE 2.3. For example I use the account example@gmail.com as the third party account to send emails.

Should I fill Account name withTest User or something like that and should Username be example?

Could anybody tell me if I understand it correctly? Thank you.

Hi, the “Account name” is just for you to remember which account it is. You can use anything here.

The “username” is your login to the email server (in this case should be “example@gmail.com”).

Hi @Karlheinz thank you very much for the clarification.
I’ve tried to use automation rule for sending but I didn’t receive any mails.

Do you have any ideas what I could do to get it to work?

Hi, I think Gmail did work for the password resetting email? In this case it should be the typo I’ve spotted on your screenshot:

“sftp” should be “smtp”

Nevertheless, before you use the third party account, you can always test it by clicking on the “Send” button on the account overview dialogue and then use this function to send a test email.

Let me know if this helps!

1 Like

Oh, it’s embarrassing. You’re right, the problem was my typo :see_no_evil: It works now. Thank you very much for your help!

OK, you are welcome and glad to hear that!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.