Sending email using scripting

Hi,

Is it possible to send an email by using the scripting feature (Java script side)? Currently what I have is when a new record is added to a table in Seatable then Zapier will update an excel spreadsheet. On the excel spreadsheet I have used VBA code to send an email, picking up the email address, subject line and message from certain cells in my excel document.

I was wondering if it is possible to do this from Seatable so I can cut out the excel and Zapier steps?

This is probably possible using python but the current plan I am on does not support running Python scripts.

Hi,

if you want an email automatically be sent to a certain contact, or to an email address from a certain column, when a certain condition is met (e.g. a new record is created, or a checkbox is checked, etc.), then there’s a convenient tool for you, and it’s called “Notification Rules”.

If this is what you want, then you don’t need Zapier or scripts. Just some mouse clicks.

It’s located inside your base editor, in the top right corner when you click on the three dots symbol:

Screenshot from 2021-01-22 11-25-26

Here you can define the trigger, and define the receiver of the email.

You can explore this function and give it a try! More details are here:

Thanks @Karlheinz, I have looked at that but it does not pick up contacts from a column.

Unless I am missing something, it only will notify myself or users I have added to my account. It wont pick up email address that I add into the columns.

The “Users in column” option only supports the column type “Collaborator”, that means, it only works for the registered users. Sorry! We have to note this as a feature request…

cool, Thanks. So then is it possible to script what I am trying to achieve?

With python, you can script it. Just write a function which will send the email

Thanks. I know that with python this is possible. But, as my original post said “the current plan I am on does not support running Python scripts.” But I asked originally “is it possible to send an email by using the scripting feature (Java script side)?”

If it is not possible using Java, then I will continue with my work around. Hopefully as Seatable develops and grows then this would be a feature. It it possible using scripting (Java)?

I think only Python script can send emails!