Updates to Our Subscriptions - Introducing Team API Limits

Greetings, SeaTable community!

It’s Christoph from SeaTable, and I’m excited to share some important updates regarding our subscription model.

In essence, we’re implementing API Limits at the team level. If you don’t heavily rely on the SeaTable Cloud API, this change won’t affect you.

Let’s delve into the details:

You may have noticed some maintenance windows recently, and some users reported occasional slowdowns or brief unavailability of SeaTable Cloud. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. To address this, we’ve nearly tripled our resources, bolstering RAM and CPU capacity to ensure SeaTable Cloud remains stable and responsive.

However, this growth has highlighted a disparity in our pricing model’s alignment with the evolving usage patterns of SeaTable Cloud:

• Only 20% of requests originate from users utilizing SeaTable solely via their browsers.
  • A staggering 80% of requests are external API calls.

This shift can be attributed partly to SeaTable’s increasing popularity and the accessibility of its SQL-like API interface, enabling users to leverage SeaTable Cloud as a cost-effective, agile online database for application development or process digitalization - precisely what SeaTable aims to facilitate. :partying_face:

However, our pricing model, tailored primarily for online user interaction, now requires refinement. Currently, there’s a uniform rate limit across all subscription tiers, leading to numerous single-user accounts generating excessive API requests, potentially impeding SeaTable Cloud’s performance for others.

Consequently, we’re introducing API Limits at the team level. These limits will scale with your subscription tier and the number of users within your Plus and Enterprise plans:

• Free: (x) API requests included
  • Plus: (y * number of team members) API requests included
  • Enterprise: (z * number of team members) API requests included

This adjustment keeps our subscription structure simple, offering just three plans - Free, Plus, and Enterprise - with the flexibility to add more users as needed.

While specific values for x, y, and z are still being finalized, I can assure you that these changes will impact fewer than 3% of our users.

Rest assured, you’ll be able to monitor your team’s current API usage via the team administration interface or through our API, similar to how you can already track storage usage, execute Python scripts, and manage data within our big data storage.

I will be posting updates in the coming weeks.