What's the row limit?

I’m running DE on my own server.
I noticed that there may be a row limit? 50000?
Is this the limit of one single table or the whole base?

1 Like

The current row limit is 100.000 per base and per table.

You cannot have more than 100.000 rows in one table, nor can you have more than cumulated 100.000 rows in multiple table in one base.

I say current row limit because we may change that.

If you have a general row limit of 50000 then maybe you could check the role of your account. Login as sys admin or team admin (organization admin) and check the role of that account.

looking forward to good news :star_struck:

Can I ask why there is a limit on rows? Is there a technical reason?

When you open a base, the base is loaded in its entirety into the RAM. 100.000 is a value that shouldn’t be too restrictive for most applications, but it ensure good performance for all users.

Is the based loaded into RAM of the computer running the browser or the one running the databse?

Both.

A good news is that from version 2.3.0, a base will be able to store millions of rows.

4 Likes

Hi!
Are there any updates on rows limit? Is it possible to change it now?

Hi, check the current system limit here:
System Limitations - SeaTable Admin Manual

And also pay attention to the row limit in your subscription:
Prices | SeaTable because the row limit in the subscription has higher priority than the system limit.

And - welcome to the SeaTable Forum.

Thank you. Is it possible to have more than 100 k rows? Maybe in self-hosted version?

SeaTable Server Enterprise Edition has a feature called archive. It was introduced in SeaTable 2.3. It allows you to store millions of rows in a table.

SeaTable’s archive feature is currently in beta, but we are making good progress. In the first half of 2022, it will be production-ready.

When the archive is production-ready, it will also be made available to Enterprise subscribers in SeaTable Cloud.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.