Using Seatable as SQL Database with Prisma for NextJs projects

Hei… i am currently working on a NextJs App using prisma and we are currently using seatable to manage some of our data. Is there a possibility to use Seatable as Database with Prisma… We are currently building the next app with a mysql database but using seatable would be way more convenient. Thanks for response :slight_smile:

Dear Amelie,
to be honest, I don’t understand your question. Do I get you right, that you want to replace MySQL with SeaTable? This is possible, but SeaTable is not a 1:1 replacement. You have to change your code.

Imagine you have the following code:

var mysql = require('mysql');
var con = mysql.createConnection({
  host: "localhost",
  user: "yourusername",
  password: "yourpassword"
});

You cannot just change the host to your SeaTable server and everything is working like before. That is not the case.

Or do I get you wrong?

Hey,
thank you for the response… I am sorry for being not specific enough with my question. I try to be more clear.

I am using ja mysql database with the Prisma ORM for my next js project.

I am fairly new to this topic so sorry for the unspecific question but we think about using seatable as the backend database and my question is if it’ is possible to do so using prisma as ORM.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with my question.

Through SeaTable has SQL interface, but it does not support Prisma ORM yet. And as a cloud based spreadsheet-database application, it does not work like a traditional database. Using ORM with SeaTable directly will cause problems. For example, it can produce too many calls to SeaTable if you store session information in database.

You have to call SeaTable’s API directly in your app.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.